Monday 29 September 2008

WELCOME (YEAR 2008-09)

I was once told the first day of class sets the tone for the rest of the term and I think that to get a good start, three important tasks should be done:

1st: giving information about the course

2nd: getting to know each other, trying to create an open friendly classroom environment. Do you think we will be able to create a participative and communicative group altogether for the rest of the year?

3rd: setting course expectations and standards. I'd like to know what you expect from the course. As for me, I would like to stimulate your curiosity about topics that will be covered during the term and to have fun while learning a lot (both things can go hand in hand!)
What about you? I would like you to list the goals you hope to achieve by taking this course. List, for example, three to five goals about knowledge, skills, interests, methodology, or attitudes... and we can discuss about them next day in class!

Let's see if after knowing all these things and working hard, we can get cloud nine with our English!

4 comments:

morelli said...

it's very difficult for me to valorize methodology teaching english because I come from the university, where teachers have no methodology.

But I will try to write something about your class, and my expectations too.

My first impression in the EOI its a lot of young, and not so young, people, stairs up and down, looking for a classrom and, finally, comming in the wrong one.

Fantastic the complementary class, a very good idea. In the university we have not complementary class.

I start in the EOI, first of all, trying to get my english back, after twenty years without english class. When I travel always try to speak english to everybody, but my conversation turns out very, very short.

So my first expectation its to make better my english, and, by this way, to strech out my conversation.

bye

leo said...

Hello, after twenty years without studing English, yesterday, in the class, I was happy because I enjoyed the environment, the teacher´s explanations and her methodology.
What I hope of this course is to improve my English, specially the oral part, to learn new vocabulary and to lose fear when I have to speak English.
Marta, nice to meet you and see you on Wednesday!!!

miguel said...

I think that the first day was nice. I have enjoyed talking with my partners but I think that I can´t remember anyone's name.

I hope to improve my english this year.

Nice to meet you Marta

Unknown said...

Hi Marta,
I hope the rest of the year wil be as comunicative and participative as last Monday and I think that we will get, above all I wil be trying to speak English in class with a lot of students so my english won`t be so rusty…
Personaly I studied english 10 years ago, in elementary school, in high school and in the university, but i don´t get to express in english. I love traveling and I would speak with a lot of people from different countries. My goals for this course are:
- To learn a lot of vocabulary
- To speak very very good English to traveling a lot by english`s countries and the most important get promotion in my job.
I need the way (Reading books, to see tv in english…)to get my goals.

See you on Wednesday.